About Acharya Narendra Dev Teacher's Training (P.G.) College
The institute is named after pioneer in the field of education, Acharya Narendra Dev. Born on 31st October 1889 in Sitapur, U. P. , he started practising as a lawyer after completing M. A. , L.L.B. He served as ‘Acharya’ in Kashi Vidyapeeth and Chancellor of Kashi Hindu Vishwavidyalaya and Lucknow University. As a tribute to his ideology, personality and his contributions to the field of education, this institute was established in 1972 by Mr. A. B. Lal Srivastava.
Members of managing committee were facing great difficulty as college had neither land nor building. Then the building of town hall, municipality was allotted for running the college. After two years, D.M. of Sitapur of that time, Mr. Ram Krishna gave 2.5 acres of land on Lucknow road, Sitapur in Bijwar. His contribution towards college is memorable.
In July 1976, college shifted to its present building and the college was permanently authorized to conduct B. Ed. Classes. In February 1979, the college was added to the aided list of U. P. government. Progressing by leaps and bounds, M. Ed classes were also started in July 1994. In 2008, study centre of B. Ed from IGNOU was established for the students who are in service teachers. A computer lab and internet connection was setup in 2009. At present, the college is progressing by leaps and bound in the skilled leadership of Prof. S.P. Singh, The Principal. The college has a team of highly qualified teachers who are NET qualified with Ph. D. to support the education system.